Monday 16 September 2013

Wraaaped in plaaaa-stic.

In go the I beams with a thin coat of glue. The margins that I'm glueing together are 1 inch wide, sounds slim but when I did the Materials Testing the fabric always rips apart before the glue gives way. In fact this glue has never failed over 5 years of making mats. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos First glue, and then roll out any air bubbles, too easy. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I'm really going to be able to see the water flow under the mat. I don't think Ive seen anyone make a clear mat before ? There's so many new surf mat design Ideas to explore. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos For the next Ultimat surf mat I'm experimenting with tapering the I beams to get a different rocker and nose lift. . As well as incorporating a Flexible Front Frame. . And a few other new surf mat design concepts... Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I would really like to see a pic of that mat in all it's finished glory!

    ReplyDelete