Friday 20 September 2013

See thru surf mat.

I'm amazed how easy it is to make a surfmat, there's only 6 pieces, the two main pieces are the deck and hull and they're the same shape, and the 4 I-beams match each other too. Its so easy but maybe I'm not doing it right ?! Here's the finished Invisibe Surfmat.... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Glueing is a quick way of putting the pieces together, now I wish I'd made it a more complex design. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I always try to do something different in each mat so I can test various ideas or concepts and in this one Ive used tapered I beams at one end and square beams at the other end. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I found it to be a very stable and familiar sensation to ride, except for the view of the water surging like a tornado under the mat, its a bit of a maelstrom of many directions and speeds, but a very absorbing sight while trying to stay on the wave. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Next time I go out I will take the GoPro to get some pics of the water flow through the mat. But I'm already looking at doing a new mat design. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Here's the basic planshape and it will have no edge laps, 4 divergent I-beams and a tapered nose to tail foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment